Thursday, January 26, 2012

A New Semester Begins.

Hiya!

Since I've been back (and the intention and purpose of my blog was solely supposed to be for studying abroad,) I've not written anything here nearly as often as I should've.

My new semester back in Wisconsin has begun and is going well thus far.  I am taking several delightful classes.  I say it this way because I've not yet had all of them.  I go to my 4th and final class tomorrow, so my decision on how this semester will go shall be determined tomorrow by about 4PM, when class ends.

The class list is as follows:

LIS631 Young Adult Literature (this is a grad class for the School of Library and Information Studies department that I've applied to for the Fall.  It's quite nice getting to take a grad class before I even get into the program.  Kind of like testing a car you already know you want to buy.)
ENG695 Directed Study Creative Writing (this is where I start writing my first BOOK!  I'm utterly scared and thrilled.  It'll be a lot of work, but I look forward to it)
FOLK451 Supernatural in the Modern World (a folklore class, exploring ghosts, demons, etc., and people's beliefs)
LITINTRANS275 Hans Christian Andersen (I'm most excited about this class; it'll be my "easy A" class!)

And there you have it, the nice layout.  The schedule itself isn't bad either.  I have one class Mondays and Tuesdays and two classes Wednesdays and Thursdays.  Fridays is strictly for studying.  Well, that and MERIT supervisor meetings, all staff meetings, etc.  Mandatory issues.  I will be working a lot this semester (23ish hours/week), similar to the amount of my fall semester (28-34 hours/week), however, I reason it this way: last semester I had ALL English classes, was taking a heavier load than graduate students getting their MFAs, working A LOT, and yet I still managed to earn myself that nice, shiny "4.0". So, *cheers* to getting it right again this year.

Only other thing that could make this already lovely semester even lovelier would be man candy.  I say this jokingly, but the feelings are real.  So many of my friends are already engaged.  I realize I'm not in a race, and I fully accept that, but I would really, truly like to fall in love.  Soon.  =)

Well, if anyone is out there and still reading this, I hope you enjoyed a random little snippet of my life as I procrastinate from doing my grad pre-homework (yeah, the kind of homework you get before even having the class once...it comes to me in the form of reading 4 articles and 1 full-length novel!  Can you tell what my semester will be like?!).

No comments:

Post a Comment