Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All by myself.


Haiku-a-day:
June 21st
Alone in a state
of limbo, where nothing feels
decisively right.

     It's official, I'm alone in block L level 2 section 2 (room 2).  Vanessa and her cousin and her cousin's friend all left at noon to catch a bus to London.  They'll travel around for a few weeks before heading back to Australia.  I've got friends still in Leeds, it's just so weird being in this flat alone.  I don't have a problem living alone (I've got an efficiency back in the States), but being here, there've always been the 5 of us (and usually extra guests too!).  This place is not meant to house just one person.  Now I've got 2 refrigerators to myself, a ton of plates, bowls, and mugs, a million bottles of shampoo (thanks guys!  Ha!), and a lot of silence.       
     Roxanne, Vanessa, Rachel, and Chelsea: I miss you guys already!  =P
     I think I'm allergic to laziness.  I've been quite sick for the past week (beginning in Spain, possibly Belgium) and just today things have changed completely (for the most part).  For a week I haven't really been able to breathe, I've been caughing so much.  Well, after Vanessa left, I cleaned the flat like a crazy woman.  I cleaned out both fridges, defrosted one of the freezers, packed almost all of my things, did my laundry, did all the left over dishes, booked my train to Manchester airport for two weeks from today as well as order my luggage to be shipped home.  SO productive!  All the while I've hardly caughed at all!  Solution: keep busy?  


No comments:

Post a Comment