Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back to my home away from home.

Haiku-a-day:

June 17th
Home is where you find
comfort and rest, where you know
you are safe and sound.

It's good to be back!  I arrived in Leeds early this morning and have been more or less busy ever since.  Besides taking a 5-hour nap (extremely necessary as I've not gotten a decent night sleep in days due to the fact that I got sick at the beginning of my Spain trip...), I've caught up on the bazillion emails, ran some errands, did some cleaning, and am waiting for the washer to free up.  It's been a very long day.  

I got an email saying that the finalist short stories from the competition earlier were compiled into a book, so I was able to run down to campus today and pick one up.  It's quite nice.  A very cool souvenir to take back with me to the States. 

I'll start working on photos and blog updates tomorrow as it is already 12:20AM right now and I'm dying for a decent night sleep for the first time in about 6 days.  Let's just say it is completely unfair that when I finally get to a country where it is REALLY warm (~92˚F), I get a cold and can't fall asleep because I can't breathe.  Who gets summer colds?   Apparently me.

No comments:

Post a Comment