Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm back!

Haiku-a-day:

May 1st
Magnets line the desk
telling stories of travels,
holding time in place.

I'm back!  One month in Europe, nearly completely internet-less, has been great (minus the loss of internet bit!).  I will have to fill you all in soon, but not now (it's 2AM).  I'm still in recovery mode.  I got back after midnight on the 29th and have spent the last 2 days sleeping, cleaning, doing laundry, and relaxing.  Sounds like plenty of time to fill in my blog, eh?!  Not quite.  I've been catching up on necessary things as well, including, but not limited to, all my email accounts, turning in one last thing for one of my classes before I can get the final grade, and replying to emails as well.  I will try to get things going on here again soon, but I also only now have 8 days before my final essays are due.  

For a short summary: it was great.  Vienna and Mykonos were so-so, but otherwise great.  I did have my camera stolen in Venice, so pictures (if I post any) will come from friends who were with me.  Santorini was my favorite place probably.  Very pretty.  I can't get enough of the cliffs.  It makes the Cliffs of Moher look like nothing.  Venice was just as I pictured it to be--gorgeous with tiny streets and colorful buildings.  I saw the entire royal family with my own eyes when I was in London for the Royal Wedding.  Kate's dress was AMAZINGLY beautiful.  I got to hear the vows live as well.  On top of that, I was on TV (BBC and others) several times when in London.  Not interviewed, but in the crowds and in the background of people getting interviewed.  It was fun seeing my mom for 2 weeks and now I'm supremely glad to be back in my own bed in Leeds, although finals are upon us.

One more thing: remember all the poems and short stories I submitted to earlier?  Well, I got 3 polite No's from the places I submitted poems, however, when I was in Ireland, I was able to check my email at our hotel, and I found out that I am a finalist in the short story competition!!!!  1 out of 4 isn't bad.  I am to go to one of the bookstores here in Leeds on May 6th (so soon!) to find out whether I've won or not.  Winner receieves a cash prize!  Send prayers my way!!  I would love to win!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your short story, Megan! Thanks for giving us a quick update. I'm sure that you will be busy this next week, but good luck with all of your final essays and things you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for share such nice information keep sharing.

    hotels leeds

    ReplyDelete