Saturday, May 21, 2011

Movie time: Pirates of the Caribbean.

Haiku-a-day:

May 20th
The theater seats
slowly fill as the lights dim.
Real life disappears.

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 4 today!  It's the first movie I've seen in a theater in about 4 months.  I quite enjoyed it.  It seems like those movies will never end, but I (not so secretly) don't want them to.

The theater we went to was just down town in Leeds City Center.  None of us (Chelsea, Roxanne, Leah, and I) thought the theater would be what it was: giant and really comfortable.  As soon as we walked in, I was amazed.  The screen was nearly Ultra-screen sized.  The theater was wide, leg room was spacious, and the seats themselves were very comfortable.  Leeds does tickets a bit strange though.  They have assigned seating.  I asked for us to be seated in the middle center, but the woman said those were reserved seats.  I'm not exactly sure how their system works, but when the movie started, there were DEFINITELY plenty of open seats.  It was not crowded by any means.  We could have moved into the center middle where I wanted and no one would have been the wiser, but we didn't.  I think perhaps the point of this is so that people buy the tickets a. online and/or b. ahead of time (in person, online, gift card, etc.).  By doing it this way, they make a larger profit because they can charge a fee for buying the tickets ahead of time.  

I've started putting together the second half of my April break post, so that should be posted within the next couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment