Saturday, May 28, 2011

Late night.

Haiku-a-day:

May 27th
As the night grows to
early morning, hour by hour I
twiddle away time.

I've been finding myself staying up till all hours of the night lately.  It's 1:15AM right now and I'm not even tired.  I ate dinner at 11:30 (not by choice, I might add--the kitchen was in use since about 6:00PM) and now I sit at my computer awake, busying myself with online reading.  I'm pretty sure I will be able to make an easy adjustment when I go back home in July.  Jet lag won't be an issue!  =)  

It's weird that, back at home, the Brat Fest is going on right now and I'm missing it.  Every year I volunteer, usually working between 20-30 hours in one weekend.  All earnings go to charities, which is wonderful.  I really like the atmosphere, though.  I love big crowds (as I'm sure you can tell by how excited I was over going to the Royal Wedding) and the Brat Fest has grown to be more than just food.  Now there are many music stages, kayaking, a rock wall, rides, and of course, the mustard museum tent!  I also always enjoy watching the boards at the park entry to see if we'll beat the standing record for brats sold.  Good luck this year guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment