Friday, January 28, 2011

Kitchen patrol on alert.

Haiku-a-day:


Jan 28th
Note for all future
residents of St Mark’s Hall:
clean your own messes!

Today Roxanne and I cleaned the kitchen.  I wish I had taken pictures of it before we did this because it was absolutely gross.  I can't help but wonder if the last time it had been washed was when the building first opened (not recently I might add).  Roxanne and I scrubbed down the stove, the "toaster" part of the stove, the walls, the sides of the stove, washing machine (yes we have a washing machine/dryer in our kitchen...and it's free!), and counters, cleaned some of the cabinets, vacuumed the carpeting in the kitchen, mopped the tiled floor in there too, then vacuumed the hall and our own rooms.  It was quite an ordeal!  My room hadn't been cleaned at all when I moved in.  In fact, today when I was vacuuming, I found a rather large almond underneath my bed.  Needless to say, I haven't eaten any almonds since I've been here.

 The kitchen.
 Nicely cleaned stove (toaster on top part). Washer/dryer right next to stove.
 2nd fridge.  However, it still smells nasty.  The guys before us were slobs and they let food go bad in the fridge, so now it smells like urine.
This is what you see when you walk into the flat.  Left side (closest to farthest): kitchen, Vanessa's room, my room, Chelsea's room.  Right (closest to farthest): shower room, toilet room, Roxanne's room, and Rachel's room.  There is no common room besides the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment