Thursday, January 13, 2011

We made it!

Leah and I made it to Leeds!!  It is 7:45AM in Madison, but 1:45PM in Leeds.  We have been traveling for two days.  We've taken 2 planes (Chicago-->Atlanta; Atlanta-->Manchester), 1 train (Manchester to Leeds) and so far 1 double decker bus to Boddington Hall where Leah is staying for 2 weeks before her lease begins.  Soon we'll head over to St. Mark's where my flat is.  We still need to figure out what bus to take and all, but I am so happy to be here!  We've already met some great people and have been called "love" a couple times!  I will write more later.  Right now, I need to get settled in and we need to buy phones and other necessities!  =)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah! Can't believe you're in Leeds already! Good luck getting settled into your place and figuring everything out. I can't wait to hear what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made it safely!! Did you get any sleep on the plane? I want to hear everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just talked to my friend Dana who's been to Paris and London. She told me that we HAVE to ride on the top of a doubledecker bus in London---and you've already done that!! My turn will come! She is going to get me all sorts of info on places they went in Paris (restaurants, etc.). Her sister who organized their trip had everything planned down to exactly where and when to catch the metro, where they'd eat on what day, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops-- I just reread your comment----you haven't actually ridden one if the doubledeckers. You probably will have by the time I get there though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom, I got a little sleep on the plane, but not much. It's quite uncomfortable. The little pillow thing was better than nothing (though they do provide you with a thin blanket and a small pillow), I was still glad I brought my black neck rest. And you read it wrong the 2nd time. I did go on a double decker. I even took a picture! We'll just have to ride them again! It's really loud from above though.

    ReplyDelete