Sunday, February 6, 2011

I love York.

Haiku-a-day:


Feb 4th
Ghost walks and Minster
are only two of the things
that make me love York.


****Today****


Feb 5th
Rejection is hard
but less painful when you have
someone to lean on.


I love York.  I am so happy to have been able to go there.  It is absolutely beautiful.  Five minutes into our walk through the city, Leah, Roxanne, and I had already fallen in love with it.  And when you see the pictures, I'm sure you'll feel the same way!  Since it is sooo late for me right now, I will blog about it tomorrow.  Yes, I know I will be leaving you all in anticipation!  Check back again tomorrow.  
As for today's haiku, I found out that the internship I wanted in the Smithsonian is only available for either grad students in SLIS (school of library and information studies) or photography majors.  So, there goes that dream.
And because I feel bad about making you all wait till tomorrow to see the pictures (unless you have facebook and have checked there already), here is an extra haiku to tide you over.

Home
I cling to what I
know though knowing things change and
nothing stays the same.

3 comments:

  1. Megan, I'm so sorry you didn't get the internship! I know how hard you worked on your application and how badly you wanted to go. I guess the good new is that if you go on to grad school, maybe you can do it then. Glad you loved York, though! I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I was thinking! Maybe right after grad school would be a perfect time go do an internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After grad school I'll be trying to get a real job...

    ReplyDelete