Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This post is about football.

Haiku-a-day:


Feb 7th
Staying up late to
watch the Super Bowl was fun
but very tiring.

Well, as everyone knows, Packers won.  I'm not all that big of a football fan, but all things considered, I made sure to watch the Super Bowl.  A group of friends and I went to a pub down in the city center called the Walkabout.  It was one of the few sports pubs that was willing to stay open all night and play the game.  A few other pubs charged admission, but this one didn't.  The game started sometime around 11:30 or midnight and lasted until a little bit before 4:00AM (I didn't get to bed until 4:30AM).  I was very surprised to see how many people in England actually cared about American football.  There was quite a mix of people: Americans from all over the U.S., many Canadians, a few British, and others I can't remember.  The pub was pretty packed out.  Even though I'm not the biggest football fan, I did have a lot of fun and am glad the Packers won.  It was a proud moment for us Wisconsinites in England!  

I know this is hard to see, but l-r: Leah, Dan, me, and Garen.

No comments:

Post a Comment