Thursday, February 24, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep.

Haiku-a-day:


Feb 23rd
Yawning and reading
is what I’ll be doing as
soon as I write this.

You can't say I'm not honest!  ; )

Today has been successful in that I have nearly read 100 pages in East Lynne.  I still am quite enjoying the book and can't wait to see how certain plots unfold.  Sometimes I refuse to read the back cover of books because they reveal too much.  Today, I took a short glance at the back of this book and the very first line gives away a HUGE plot twist.  I can't believe it!  I am 244 pages in and this plot twist from the back has not happened yet, so why would they think it's okay to put it on there?  Absurd!  I have not read any more of the back cover other than that.  I refuse!  =)

Beyond that, I cleaned my room (yes, it does seem to get messy quickly, doesn't it?!) and did some laundry.  And, of course, I went to my one and only class of the day: English.  We discussed the only American author we're reading this semester: Louisa May Alcott.  We read her short story "A Whisper in the Dark."  I liked it, though the end of the story which was leading you to believe it to be a happy one ended on an ominous note.  Since we're on the subject of Louisa May, I might as well advertise that Little Women is one of my favorite books and is well worth the read if you haven't yet done so.

Ok, now to be true to my haiku, finish reading the end of the chapter I'm on (while yawning of course) and go straight to bed!  I've got to be up for tomorrow's field trip to the Henry Moore Center for the Study of Sculpture for my Museum Studies class.

No comments:

Post a Comment