Friday, February 11, 2011

A walk to the Leeds City Market.

Haiku-a-day:


Feb 11th
Beware the bread that
sits bare atop counters for
it shall soon grow mold!

Just a hint for anyone who wants to live in England.  Bread spoils soooooo fast here!  You must make sure to keep it in the fridge or freezer.  

My flatmate Rachel and I went to the downtown market today.  It's amazing.  The market is basically a bunch of smaller stalls placed next to each other in a very large multi-story building.  They sell everything there.  There are plenty of take-out stalls, places to buy cloth, clothes, fruit and vegetables, meat, fish, flowers, toys, etc.  You name it, they'll have it.  I didn't buy too much other than bulla cake (Jamaican pastry) and bananas, but I have a feeling I'll be heading back there soon!

2 comments:

  1. Megan, for some reason the picture is not working on my computer- I don't know if it's the actual picture, or just my computer...anyway, the market sounds awesome! I wish I could go with you! What does the bulla cake taste like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've fixed it now. Hopefully the picture will stay up. I've been having problems with them lately. Bulla cake tastes like a very sweet bread made with cinnamon and molasses. When I bought it, I had no idea what it was or what it would taste like. All I knew was that it smelled wonderful.

    ReplyDelete