Thursday, February 17, 2011

A silver lining?

Haiku-a-day:


Feb 17th
Defeat is a state
of mind, not of being so
keep your head up high.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
As bluebirds swiftly
glide through patchwork skies of gray,
sunshine parts the clouds. 

Well, some of my plans were unexpectedly foiled today.  Not in too harsh a way, but enough so that I'm a little stressed.  It turns out that the Hogwarts Express week doesn't start until Saturday.  Our tickets to spend the day in York were for Friday.  Yessirybob.  So, after discussing this oversight with Leah and Roxanne, we decided on a different day to go (next week Friday instead).  I called National Express, finally get connected to a real person and just as I was about to give the guy my card information to switch reservations, everything became very silent.  My phone ran out of minutes.  I kid you not, I was horrified!  I bought my phone through Orange, so a few seconds after the call was dropped I got a text from them saying "Hey, you have £0.61 left on your phone!!!"  (so maybe they didn't include the exclamation marks, but still, it seemed too jolly for what had just happened).
I borrowed Roxanne's phone, called the number again, waited for the robotic woman on the other line to stop telling me about offers that I didn't care about, and was finally connected to a new person.  After explaining everything to this new person and giving him all my information, he tells me that he can't amend the tickets online, that I'm going to have to go down to the coach station and switch everything in person!!!  That means walking for a half hour into the city center to change the tickets!  And it has to be done tomorrow morning (before our coach actually takes off) otherwise our tickets will be useless and unable to be changed!  So, now you can guess what I'll be doing tomorrow.  On top of that, I will have to "top up" my phone with minutes.  
However, as my haikus say, there is always a plus side.  I am not defeated.  Since we won't be going to York tomorrow, I get one more day to try to get some homework done!  Silver lining I suppose.  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! So frustrating! At least you figured out about the Hogwarts Express before you actually got down there and were looking for it! I hope you're able to get to the coach station to switch your tickets- good luck! I'm excited to hear about the Hogwarts Express when you finally get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I switched everything this morning. It didn't even take that long, so it's disappointing that they couldn't just do it over the phone.

    ReplyDelete